Prof. Dr. Sadia Zahoor
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Unit-III established in 14th October, 2020 as a separate specialty of THQ Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan.
Heads Of The Department:
|1st||Professor Dr. Abida Rehman||MBBS, FCPS||14.10.2020||06.12.2020|
|2nd||Professor Dr. Sadia Zahoor||MBBS, MCPS, FCPS||07.12.2020||T0-Date|
Faculty Of The Department
Date of Recognition with PMDC and CPSP:
- Our faculty consist of properly qualify and highly experienced teaching staff. In 2006 college was recognized by PMDC and in 2009 department was accredited by CPSP Karachi. Now Recognised for MS Gynae Program.
- Two supervisors in Unit –III for training of MCPS, FCPS & MS Gynaecology.
- 12 FCPS & 03 MS/MD (total 15) Postgraduate Residents in Unit-III.
- 40 publications in credit of senior staff.
- Our department is rapidly progressing and expanding with the support of administration, it comprises 49 beds of ward and 32 beds in labour room, it also includes 4 high dependency beds equipped with modern monitoring tools for serious patients; Like eclampsia, PPH, Postop care. Central intensive care unit also collaborate with us when the need arise. Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology is well equipped with modern facilities. In Labour Room 24hrs facility for CTG and Ultrasound is available for monitoring of admitted Labour Room is divided into different sections. i.e. 1st examination room, 1st stage, 2nd stage and high dependency area of monitoring of serious patients. Emergency OT is running 24 hours.
- In Gynae ward 42 beds for each unit and in each ward beds are divided for Antenatal, Postnatal, Preoperative Gynaecology, Postoperative Gynaecology patients and also for isolation. All types of major gynaecological procedures including TAH, VH, Myomectomies, Laparotomies, staging laparotomies, sacrocolpopexy, fistula repair, diagnostic laparoscopies, including infertility and laparoscopic surgeries, endoscopic procedure (hysteroscopy, colposcopy) are being performed in this unit on regular basis. OPD days are 02 in a week (Wednesday & Saturday) and emergency duties on every Wednesday & Saturday, & every 3rd 02 Operation days / week i.e every Monday & every 3rd Friday.
- Clinical classes of 3rd year MBBS, 4th year MBBS and Final Year MBBS classes held on regular basis. Moreover we have conference and demonstration room in the ward for the purpose of departmental conference, demonstrations, discussion and teaching of the Postgraduate and undergraduate students. Every Tuesday and Thursday we hold clinical meetings on important subjects in the ward. Journal Club; we also hold journal club meeting on monthly basis. Participation of all PGR is mandatory. Workshops on PPIUCD, MVA, Balloon Tamponade, HRT, Contraception etc. Celebration of Public Health awareness days, Public health education and Mock drill for staff conduct on regular basis in the ward.
- Students and patients are pivotal in clinical teaching. We aim to care the both, faculty staff continuously in search of knowledge, skills, new ideas and learning techniques to meet our mission statement. “Service to humanity with special dedication to women health”.