Dr. Sairah Sadaf
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
- The Department of Anesthesiology & ICU is established as the conception of DHQ in 1984. At present the department of Anaesthesia is fully equipped in human resources & electro medical equipments to meet the requirements of tertiary care hospital.
- Muhammad Ali Bukhari was first to join as HOD and then Dr. Shakeel Azmat joined him both played their part in establishing the department. In 1992 Dr. Muhammad Anwer Rehan joined as HOD & served this department in an exemplary way. His efforts were responsible for department stability and progress. He developed & maintained the equipment in a way which is rare to see in any public sector hospital in Pakistan.
- On 19th January, 2009 Haq Dad Durrani joined as First Assistant Professor in department. A thorough gentleman, worked hard on teaching and training of MCPS & FCPS students of Anaesthesia.
- Professor Dr. Khalid Javed Butt joined as Professor of Anaesthesia in October, 2010 and served till February, 2013. He had a grand reputation as an outclass teacher for postgraduates trainees as well as medical students. Under his supervision a number of PGRs passed MCPS & FCPS exams.
- Haq Dad Durrani continued the progress after Professor Dr. Khalid Javed Butt him till 22nd January, 2015 when he joined Ghazi Medical College, D.G. Khan as Associate Professor and Head of Department.
- Once again Muhammad Anwer Rehan took over as Chief Consultant Anaesthetist & HOD. His efforts to serve the patients and improvement continued till the last day when he retired in May, 2015, after serving the institution for three (3) decades with zeal & zest and honesty.
- In May, 2015 Abdul Majid Khan took over as HOD and continuing the excellent tradition of his predecessor.
- At present along with Dr. Abdul Majid Khan HOD, a highly qualified & competent team is working to provide continuous patients services 24/7.
- Sairah Sadaf Associate Professor
- Zeeshan Khan Assistant Professor
- Amjad Siddique Consultant Anaesthetist
- Hameedullah Consultant Anaesthetist
- There are about 58 personnel (Medical Officers, Post Graduate Trainees & House Officers) are working for patient care in the department.
Faulty of the Department
|Sr. #||Name of Doctors||Designation|
|Dr. Abdul Majid Khan||CONSULTANT ANESTHETIST & Head of Department|
|Dr. Sairah Sadaf||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Zeeshan Khan||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Amjad Siddique||Consultant Anaesthetist|
|Dr. Hameedullah||Consultant Anaesthetist|
- Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery with 02 operation rooms and 05 bedded Cardiac ICU has started working in the year 2017. CABG with beating heart is a great achievement.
- Continuous Liquid Oxygen supply in the form of VIE (Vacuum Insulated Evaporated) is a dream come true and the credit goes to the hard work and full dedication of Mohammad Anwer Rehan and Dr. Abdul Majid Khan under worthy command of Principal of this Institute. Central Medical Gas Systems are installed all over the hospital i.e. Phase-I, Phase-II, Cardiac Surgery, CCU-I & II, Old Emergency & New Emergency. With the extraordinary support of Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa Arain, Ex-Principal Sheikh Zayed Medical College/Hospital another VIE is installed at Emergency.
- Multi Disciplinary Pain Management services are also initiated under Haq Dad Durrani from 2013 in Operation Theatre Phase-II. Now it is continued by Dr. Abdul Majid Khan who is also qualified as pain physician along with his excellent skills as cardiothoracic anaesthetist.
- Anaesthesia Department was 1st accredited for MCPS & FCPS Anaesthesia (partially) under supervision of Dr. Muhammad Ali Bukhari in 2008.
- Haq Dad Durrani became supervisor in 2009 and department became fully accredited for FCPS & MCPS Anaesthesia.
- Professor Dr. Khalid Javed Butt was supervisor from 2010 to 2013.
- Recently Dr. Sairah Sadaf (Associate Professor) is supervising the post-graduate trainees since January, 2015.
Anaesthesia Department is running following “Degree Programs”
Sc (Hons.) Operation Theatre Technology 4 Years Degree Program
- MCPS 2 Years Degree Program
- FCPS 4 Years Degree Program
- MS-Anaesthesia 5 Years Degree Program
- Diploma in Anaesthesia (D.A) 2 Years Degree Program
Trainees are encouraged to participate in research oriented studies by Dr. Sairah Sadaf (Associate Professors) and the moment many research projects are under process.
Four Articles relating to Anaesthesia are published in national & international journals.While following articles are under process:
- Comparison of predictive values of different airway assessment methods in a tertiary care hospital.
- Incidence of backache after Spinal Anaesthesia in non-obstetric patients in tertiary care hospitals.
- Comparison between co-loading & pre-loading for prevention of hypotension after spinal anaesthesia in adult males.
- Incidence of backache after spinal anaesthesia in obstetric patients undergoing c-section in tertiary care hospitals.
- Comparison between effects of low dose ketamine & low dose profol on shivering in adult patients after spinal anaesthesia in tertiary care hospital.
- A comparison of post-operative emergence agitation between sevoflurane & propofol anaesthesia inductions in pediatric patients.
- Comparison between the effects of preloading with colloids and crystalloids on mean arterial pressure for the patients undergoing Trans urethral resection of prostate (TURP) under spinal anaesthesia in tertiary care hospital.
Organization Of Anesthesia Department
- We are looking forward to establish a full-fledge Pain Medicine Department in near future.