DR. SHOUKAT ALI RAO
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
District Head Quarter (DHQ) Hospital Rahim Yar Khan was established in 1950 and department of cardiology came into existence in 1985.
Head Of The Department:
- 1st HOD Dr. Syed Faiz-ul-Hassan Rizvi, MBBS, Dip-Card, MD (Cardiology)
- 2nd HOD Dr. Muhammad Naeem Aslam F.R.C.P. (G), F.C.P.S. (Cardiology), F.E.S.C (EU), F.A.C.C. (USA)
- 3rd HOD Dr. Saqib Shafi F.C.P.S. (Cardiology)
- 4TH HOD is Dr. Syed Faiz-ul-Hassan Rizvi, MBBS, Dip-Card, MD (Cardiology)
- Present HOD is Dr. Shoukat Ali Rao MBBS, Dip-Card, MD (Cardiology)
Newly Construction Projects:
- 20 bedded CCU including 05 Private Rooms with Central monitoring, suction and O2 facilities.
- Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Angiographic Lab
- Original research Award (1st Price cash Rs. 50,000) by 19th biennial international conference of cardiology 11th to 13th December, 2009, a pearl continental Hotel, Lahore
- Distinguished Research Award by Pakistan Cardiac Society at 19th Annual Conference 01 to 03 December2006, convention Center Islamabad.
- Winning Publication Award 2005 (gold Medal by Pakistan Academy of Medical Sciences (Convocation of PAMC held at Army Medical College Rawalpindi (December 2005).
- Top Ten Best Paper Award by Pakistan Cardiac Society (17th International Congress of Cardiology 16-18 December 2005, at Pearl Continental Karachi).