Dr. Tahir Hassan Chandio
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dermatology Department, an integral part of the college was established on 09/01/2007 in the Sheikh Zayed Medical College/Hospital Complex, Rahim Yar Khan.
Heads Of The Department
1st: Prof. Dr. Ijaz Hussain, (from 09-01-2007 to 25-08-2007)
2nd: Maj (R) Dr. Malik Muhammad Hanif, (from 28-08-2008 to 08-12-2009)
3rd: Prof. Dr. Ijaz Hussain, (from 09-12-2009 to 05-10-2012)
4rth: Maj (R) Dr. Malik Muhammad Hanif, (from 06-10-2012 to 26-11-2013)
5th: Professor Dr. Tahir Jameel Ahmad (from 27-11-2013 to 02-10-2014)
6th: Maj (R) Dr. Malik Muhammad Hanif, (from 03-10-2014 to 31-07-2019)
7th: Dr. Tahir Hassan Chandio, (from 01-08-2019 to till date)
FACULTY OF THE DEPARTMENT
|1||Dr. Tahir Hassan Chandio||Assistant Professor|
|2||Dr. Nazia Hanif||Senior Registrar|
Date of Recognition with PMDC and CPSP:
Dermatology Department, Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan has been recognized by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council Since May, 2007. Department has also been accredited by College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan for MCPS / FCPS-II training programme since April 2010. Since then both MCPS / FCPS training programmes are being conducted.
NEW FACILITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT
- Cautry, fulguration, chemical peeling and PRP for different skin problems.
- Scraping for fungus, skin biopsy procedures for diagnostic purpose.
- Department’s own library and conference hall is established.
- 20 bedded separate male and female wards established.
- Operation Theater for minor dermato – surgical procedures like Skin biopsies, Nail avulsion and others.
- Laser, Photo Therapy and Cryosurgery Facilities are under process.
- Research activities in collaboration with other departments.
- Further strengthening of ongoing several studies being carried out in the department.