DR. SHAZIA MAJID KHAN
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department established in 1976 as a separate specialty of THQ Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan. In February 2009 the department was divided into two units.
Heads Of The Department:
|1st||Professor Dr. Zahoor Ahamd||MBBS, FCPS||16.03.2006||01.08.2010|
|2nd||Professor Dr. Nuzhat Khawaja||MBBS, DGO, FCPS||22.12.2009||22.10.2012|
|3rd||Professor Dr. Shazia Majid Khan||MBBs, MCPS, FCPS||23.10.2012||Todate|
Faculty Of The Department
Date of Recognition with PMDC and CPSP:
- Our faculty consist of properly qualify and highly experienced teaching staff. In 2006 college was recognized by PMDC and in 2009 department was accredited by CPSP Karachi. Now Unit is recognized for MS Gynae Program.
- Three supervisors in Unit –I for training of MCPS and FCPS.
- 18 FCPS & 04 MCPS (total 22) Postgraduate Residents in unit –I
- 39 publications in credit of senior staff.
- In 2019 five (04) postgraduate have been passed their FCPS & MCPS exams.
- Our department is rapidly progressing and expanding with the support of administration, it comprises 63 beds of ward and 32 beds in labour room, it also includes 4 high dependency beds equipped with modern monitoring tools for serious patients; Like eclampsia, PPH, Postop care. Central intensive care unit also collaborate with us when the need arise. Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology is well equipped with modern facilities. In Labour Room 24hrs facility for CTG and Ultrasound is available for monitoring of admitted patients. Labour Room is divided into different sections. i.e. 1st examination room, 1st stage, 2nd stage and high dependency area of monitoring of serious patients. Emergency OT is running 24 hours.
- In Gynae ward 60 beds for each unit and in each ward beds are divided for Antenatal, Postnatal, Preoperative Gynaecology, Postoperative Gynaecology patients and also for isolation. All types of major gynaecological procedures including TAH, VH, Myomectomies, Laparotomies, staging laparotomies, sacrocolpopexy, fistula repair, diagnostic laparoscopies, including infertility and laparoscopic surgeries, endoscopic procedure (hysteroscopy, colposcopy) are being performed in this unit on regular basis. OPD days are 03 in a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and emergency duties on every alternate day and alternate Sunday with Gynae Unit –II. 02 Operation days / week with 03 operating tables are available to this unit.
- Clinical classes of 3rd year MBBS, 4th year MBBS and Final Year MBBS classes held on regular basis. Moreover we have conference and demonstration room in the ward for the purpose of departmental conference, demonstrations, discussion and teaching of the Postgraduate and undergraduate students. Every Tuesday and Thursday we hold clinical meetings on important subjects in the ward. Journal Club; we also hold journal club meeting on monthly basis. Participation of all PGR is mandatory. Workshops on PPIUCD, MVA, Balloon Tamponade, HRT, Contraception etc. Celebration of Public Health awareness days, Public health education and Mock drill for staff conduct on regular basis in the ward.
- Students and patients are pivotal in clinical teaching. We aim to care the both, faculty staff continuously in search of knowledge, skills, new ideas and learning techniques to meet our mission statement. “Service to humanity with special dedication to women health”.