DR. SHAZIA MAJID KHAN
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Obs & Gynae Department was established in 1976 as a separate specialty of DHQ Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan. In 2003 Sheikh Zayed Medical College was established and Obs & Gynae Department was affiliated with tertiary care hospital. In February 2009 the department was divided into two units and then in October 2020 Gynae Unit –III was established.
Heads Of The Department:
|1st||Professor Dr. Zahoor Ahamd||MBBS, FCPS||16.03.2006||01.08.2010|
|2nd||Professor Dr. Nuzhat Khawaja||MBBS, DGO, FCPS||22.12.2009||22.10.2012|
|3rd||Professor Dr. Shazia Majid Khan||MBBs, MCPS, FCPS||23.10.2012||Todate|
Faculty Of The Department
Date of Recognition with PMDC and CPSP:
- Our faculty consist of properly qualify and highly experienced teaching staff. In 2006 college was recognized by PMDC and in 2009 department was accredited by CPSP Karachi. In 2019 University Health Sciences, Lahore recognized MS Gynae Prog in Obs & Gynae Department, SZMC/Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan.
- Two supervisors in Unit –I for training of FCPS, MS Gynae & MCPS.
- 14 FCPS, 01 MS Gynae & 03 MCPS (total 18) Postgraduate Residents in Unit –I
- 29 publications in credit of senior staff.
- In 2020 seven (07) postgraduate have been passed their FCPS & MCPS exams.
- Our department is rapidly progressing and expanding with the support of administration, it comprises 49 beds of ward and 32 beds in labour room, it also includes 4 high dependency beds equipped with modern monitoring tools for serious patients; Like eclampsia, PPH, Postop care. Central intensive care unit also collaborate with us when the need arise. Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology is well equipped with modern facilities. In Labour Room 24hrs facility for CTG and Ultrasound is available for monitoring of admitted patients. Labour Room is divided into different sections. i.e. 1st examination room, 1st stage, 2nd stage and high dependency area of monitoring of serious patients. Emergency OT is running 24 hours.
- In Gynae ward 49 beds for each unit and in each ward beds are divided for Antenatal, Postnatal, Gynaecology patients and also for isolation. All types of major gynaecological procedures including TAH, VH, Myomectomies, Laparotomies, staging laparotomies, sacrocolpopexy, fistula repair, diagnostic laparoscopies, including infertility and laparoscopic surgeries, endoscopic procedure (hysteroscopy, colposcopy) are being performed in this unit on regular basis. 02 OPD & emergency days are (Monday & Thursday) in a week, Alternate Sunday with Gynae Unit –II & Unit -III. 01 Operation day / week (Wed and Friday alternate with Gynae Unit–II & Unit -III), 03 operating tables are available to this unit.
- Clinical classes of 3rd year MBBS, 4th year MBBS and Final Year MBBS classes held on regular basis. Moreover we have conference and demonstration room in the ward for the purpose of departmental conference, demonstrations, discussion and teaching of the Postgraduate and undergraduate students. Every Saturday we hold clinical meetings on important subjects in the ward. Journal Club; we also hold journal club meeting on monthly basis. Participation of all PGR is mandatory. Workshops on PPIUCD, MVA, Balloon Tamponade, HRT, Contraception etc. Celebration of Public Health awareness days, Public health education and Mock drill for staff conduct on regular basis in the ward.
- Students and patients are pivotal in clinical teaching. We aim to care the both, faculty staff continuously in search of knowledge, skills, new ideas and learning techniques to meet our mission statement. “Service to humanity with special dedication to women health”.