DR. SHAZIA MAJID KHAN
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
DEPARTMENT WISE FACULTY POSITION ACCORDING TO PMDC FORMAT Reg. No. Faculty Reg. No.
PM & DC
PM & DC
Prof. Dr. Shazia Majid Khan
Dr. Saima Zulfiqar
Dr. Abida Rehman
Dr. Shahida Aslam
Dr. Noreen Nasim
Dr. Amna Saeed
Dr. Farhat Yasmin
Dr. Ayesha Munawar
Dr. Ayesha Khalid
Faculty Reg. No.
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department established in 1976 as a separate specialty of THQ Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan. In February 2009 the department was divided into two units.
Heads Of The Department:
- 1ST Professor Dr. Zahoor Ahamd MBBS, FCPS 16.03.2006 01.08.2010
- 2nd Professor Dr. Nuzhat Khawaja MBBS, DGO, FCPS 22.12.2009 22.10.2012
- 3rd Professor Dr. Shazia Majid Khan MBBS, MCPS, FCPS 23.10.2012 To Date
Faculty Of The Department
|Dr. Shazia Majid Khan
|Dr. Saima Zulfiqar
|Dr. Abida Rehman
|Dr. Shahida Aslam
|Dr. Noreen Nasim
|Dr. Amna Nasim
|Dr. Farhat Yasmin
|Dr. Ayesha Munawar
Date of Recognition with PMDC and CPSP:
- In 2006 college was recognized by PMDC
- In 2009 department was accredited by CPSP Karachi.
PROGRESS DURING THE YEAR 2017:
- Enhancement of bed strength in Labour Room and Gynae Ward.
- Latest USG machine with Doppler.
- Establishment of ICU in the Labour Room.
- Establishment of separate Pharmacy for Labour Room.
- Clinical classes of 3rd Year & 4th Year and Final Year students of MBBS.
- Establishment of library in ward.
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology is well equipped with modern facilities. In Labour Room 24hrs facility for CTG and Ultrasound is available for monitoring of admitted There are 34 beds in Labour Room, divided into different sections. i.e. 1st examination room, 1st stage, 2nd stage and high dependency area of monitoring of serious patients.
- Separate Operation Theater for emergency cases.
- In Gynae ward 60 beds for each unit and in each ward beds are divided for Antenatal, Postnatal, Preoperative Gynaecology, Postoperative Gynaecology patients and also for isolation.
- Facilities for Laparoscopy and hysteroscope are also available.
- Five supervisors in Unit –I for training of MCPS and FCPS.
- 26 FCPS & 06 MCPS (total 32) Postgraduate Residents in unit –I
- 37 publications in credit of senior staff.
- 02 ongoing research projects.
Future Plan of workshops in the department:
- Workshops on PPIUCD, MVA, Baloon Tempo nade, HRT, Contraction etc.
- Celebration of Public Health awareness days
- Public health education
- Mock drill for staff