Dr. Muhammad Bilal Ghafoor
Staff of IT Department
|Muhammad Shahzad Hussain||Software Engineer|
|Noor Anwar||Computer Programmer|
|Muhammad Farhan Saeed||Server Room Incharge|
|Uzma Noreen||Assistant Software Engineer|
|Abu Adnan||Assistant Hardware Engineer|
|Muhammad Ali Fazal||Assistant Software Engineer|
|Furqan Razzaq||Assistant Hardware Engineer|
|Muhammad Ammar Khalid||Assistant Hardware Engineer|
|Umer Khalid||Assistant Software Engineer|
|Usman Khalid||Assistant Software Engineer|
|Hirrah Siddique||Assistant Software Engineer|
|Aqsa Qasim||Computer Operator|
|Muhammad Numan||Computer Operator|
|Tahir Ali||Junior Clerk|
|Abdul Salam||Naib Qasid|
|Muhamaad Moueen Khan||Electration|
|Asghar Ali||Naib Qasid|
|Naseem Aslam||Gate Keeper|
Considering the importance and needs to meet modern standards, the Principal of the Sheikh Zayed Medical College/Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan Professor Dr. Eice Muhammad at that time identified the needs and importance of a Computer Lab which due to his sincere efforts was established in the community medicine department, which was inaugurated by D.C.O named Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah on 29th March, 2008. This project was worked out by utilizing every sort of professional and technical assistance at its every stage to make it comfortable, more equipped and meeting all modern needs which may be helpful for its users. The basic fact and objective behind this project was to equip our students of medical sciences with the rapid advancement and discoveries in the fields of science and technology. For this purpose by utilizing our best budgeting capacity this lab has been established, which consists of sixteen computers, one server Computer, Printer, Scanner and two heavy duty UPS(s), etc.
In November 2009 Mr. Muhammad Shahzad Hussain has been appointed as Computer Programmer for the administration of Computer Lab and to assist the users in all respects for their concerns.
In 2010, due to increasing traffic, the management identified the need of another lab to meet the demand of its users. For this purpose the worthy Principal at that time Professor Dr. Muhammad Saeed, established another lab which was inaugurated by the honorable Vice Chancellor of the University of Health Sciences Professor Malik Hussain Mubbashar on 23rd March, 2010.
These labs were supervised by Assistant Professor Community Medicine the (Late) Dr. Muhammad Sharif Akhter and Muhammad Shahzad Hussain Computer Programmer with the help of technical team members. He played a vital role in running these labs properly and effectively. He provided his best services and showed its benefits to the doctors as well as students. Under his supervision arranged many CPSP workshops for the first time in this institute. These labs resulted in great benefits to the students of this institution.
Establishment of Information Technology Department
The department of information Technology is an integral part of the Sheikh Zayed Medical college/Hospital Rahim Yar Khan. I.T department eventually got established with a team of volunteers working in different departments of this institution on 2nd September 2011. Later the management of this department was handed to Professor Major (R) Dr. Malik Muhammad Hanif, who initiated his work by establishing a highly qualified team.In Pioneer Team Muhammad Shahzad Hussain worked as web Developer Noor Anwar, Uzma Noreen, Hirra Siddique as Software Development Team and Muhammad Farhan Saeed, Akmal Manzoor as Network Management Team.
Heads of Computer Lab
Heads of IT Department
|Dr. Muhammad Bilal Ghafoor||Jan,2020 to Date|
|Major(R) Malik Muhammad Hanif||
Jan, 2014 to Dec, 2020
Furthermore the Following Three sections are working under Information Technology Department of Sheikh Zayed Medical College/ Hospital, Rahim Yar khan:
Web & Online Portal Section
This era is era of technology and in the technology the most important field is web/online. The Web Section of Information Technology Department is backbone for any organization. Through the web we can introduce our organization world widely and include to social community, which makes people easy to understand, communicate and locate the organization. And the website makes it very easy for people to find, read up about SZMC, what SZMC do and answer a bunch of questions they have on SZMC. It’s clear that if you don’t have a website, you’re missing out on opportunities for customers to identify who you are. The website of Sheikh Zayed Medical College/ Hospital Rahim Yar Khan is running since August 2008.
The team of web Section is performing following tasks:
- The website of Sheikh Zayed Medical College/ Hospital Rahim Yar Khan is running since August 2008. Designing Maintaining and updating Website of Sheikh Zayed Medical College/ Hospital. (szmc.edu.pk). Uploading departmental details, news, events, conferences, workshops, tender, carrier opportunities, etc. time to time.
- Designed the website of Journal of sheikh Zayed Medical Rahim Yar Khan.
- Online Portal Associated with Specialized Heath Care & Medical Education
- Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS). In HRMIS system the vacancy position Service Record, Leave Record and Basic information of all SZMC employees updated on Daily Basis.
- Online Leave Portal. In this portal Ex-Pakistan Leave (Full Pay, Half Pay, Without Pay, Earned Leave (Full Pay, Half Pay), Extra Ordinary Leave are dealing.
- Online No Objection Certificate (NOC) portal. Verification of documents of the applicant for NOC for job is dealing.
- Dealing Online Retirement portal.
- Rapid communication
- Rapid Communication with Government Health department. Sending data and Receiving Information and Instruction on Daily Basis.
- Pakistan citizen portal
- Technical Support in Pakistan citizen portal (PCP) Regarding Receiving the Complains and uploading the answers to Complains.
- Public Procurement Regulatory Authority
- Technical Support Public Procurement Regulatory Authority regarding Uploading tender Notice.
- Punjab Residency Program
- Dealing with Punjab residency program. To improve quality of healthcare facilities, Health Department Introduced a web-based induction system for placement of medical graduates .
- UHS Registration/Admission
- Providing Facility of Online Registration & admission of MBBS and Allied Health Science for University of Health Sciences.
- Computer Lab
- Management Maintaining Supervising of UHS Computer Lab and providing Services to Students and Faculty (Computer Lab User) in sophisticated Environment.
- Official Email Address:
- Official email address @szmc.edu.pk is available for the Faculty of SZMC. Maintaining a professional image is important for keeping SZMC customers’ trust and appearing credible online, a professional email makes it easy for customers to look up SZMC and SZMC website for more information.
- Official Facebook
- Updating Official Facebook Page with Different news and Events.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT & DATABASE ADMINISTRATION SECTION
It is great honor for I.T department that Sheikh Zayed Medical College/Hospital is the only teaching hospital in southern Punjab where in house developed Hospital Information Management System (HIMS) is running successfully.
Software Development and Maintenance Section of I.T, SZMC/H is dealing with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software Solution, the Hospital Information Management System (HIMS)/ a fully functioning electronic system is designed by Software development and maintenance section of SZMC/H to make better decision, enhance patient care with minimal costs.
The ERP provides doctors and hospital staff with the decision support system that they require for delivering patient care, which is comparable to global standards .By enabling an automated and intelligent flow of patient information, the Software Solution enables the hospital and doctors to better serve their patients. Additionally, the Software Solution provides a host of direct benefits such as easier patient record Management, reduced paperwork, faster information flow between various departments, greater organizational flexibility, reliable and timely information, minimal inventory levels, reduced wastage, reduced waiting time at the counters for patients and reduced registration time for patients. The indirect benefits would be an improved image of the hospital and increased competitive advantage. The System not only provides an opportunity to the hospital to enhance the patient care but also increased the profitability of the organization.
The development Section deals
- Analysis of the System
- Feasibility grounding of New System
- Implementation Plan
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT/ENGINEERING SYSTEM INCLUDES
- Requirement gathering
- Requirement analysis.
- Implementation / coding.
Conception of the desired software development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance and the activities that result in software products.
HARDWARE & NETWORK SECTION
HW&NW Section of the SZMC/SZH is dealing with the IT Infrastructure of the organization. An IT infrastructure is necessary for the operation and management of a company’s IT services, both internal and external. Essential to any organization, a fully functioning infrastructure delivers your business’ IT requirements to both your employees and users.
The infrastructure of a company includes all elements of its IT systems, such as:
- Network equipment – including Active and Passive equipment
- Software– including operating systems
- Hardware– including servers
- Data centers and other facilities which house infrastructure
- Power equipment – including backup sources and uninterruptible power supplies
- Communication systems – including VoIP
- Security Systems – including CCTV Equipment
- Any equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor and support IT services
SZMC/SZH is the first Medical College in the field of IT to lay down Fiber Optic Cable Network: having 12 optical fiber nodes serving all departments, hostels and Administrative Block through local area network.
To manage all the activities of the overall I.T. Infrastructure i.e. Network Development, Expansion and Maintenance, providing Maintenance/ Troubleshooting services (Network, Hardware and Software) to all departments, the College has full-fledged Hardware & Network Section in SZMC/H. This Section is working for the growth and smooth progress for the evolution of new I.T. Developments and its maintenance in the College/Hospital.
- Registration system (Emergency, OPD & Sheikh Khalifa Health Care Centre)
- Patient Admission System (Emergency,OPD)
- Consultancy System (Emergency, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Psychiatry & Sheikh Khalifa Health Care Centre)
- Lab Information Management System (Emergency, Main Pathology Lab, Hematology, Biochemistry, Chemical Pathology, Histopathology, PCR, Medical Fitness & Sheikh Khalifa Health Care Centre)
- Pharmacy stock management system
- (Emergency, Pulmonology, Dermatology/ Psychiatry, Male & Female OPD Pharmacies & Sheikh Khalifa Health Care Centre)
- Statical Information System
- Students Accounts Information Management System
- Sugar clinic Information Management System
- Hepatitis clinic Information Management System
- Store Information Management System (General Store College & Hospital)
- Complaints Information Management System
- E-Accounting System an ERP (Financial Management System, Budget, SDA/PLA Accounts, Salary)
- HR Information Management System
- Supply Chain Management System (General/Pharmacy Procurement System)
- Blood Product Information Management System
- CBT Information Management System
- Diary/Dispatch Information Management System
- Biomedical Information Management System
- Biometric Attendance System
- Roster Information Management System
- Employee Leave Information Management System
- Medicolegal Record Management System
- Registration Card System
- Pharmacy procurement System
- Queue Management System
- Video Conferencing System