DR. JAMAL ANWER
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS:
Department of Pediatrics was established in 1984 as one of the sub-specialty of General Medicine. Sheikh Zayed Hospital was declared as baby friendly hospital in 2003 by Government of Pakistan & UNICEF. The Pediatric department is accredited for FCPS, MD & MCPS training by the College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan. The department provides round the clock emergency cover to pediatric patients from ten million populations of southern Punjab as well as adjoining areas of the province of the Sindh and Balochistan.
Pediatric Unit-II was established on 25-10-2018 (approved by Government of the Punjab Finance Department & Recommendation / Decision of College Academic Council). Dr. Jamal Anwer (FCPS) Associate Professor is declared the Head of Pediatric Unit-II.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Dr. Jamal Anwer. MBBS, FCPS, Associate Professor from 25-10-2018 to DATE
|DR. JAMAL ANWER
|DR. MUHAMMAD SAJID
|DR. SAJIDA KHALID
| DR. M. TAHIR JAVED AKHTAR
|DR. ASHIQ HUSSAIN
a. For patients:
Pediatric department has 100 sanctioned beds, however, to accommodate heavy load of patients, there are operating 135 beds. Approximately 200-250 patients remain admitted in the ward with daily turnover of 80-100 patients. The department provides facilities in the following sections.
- Neonatal ICU
- Pediatric ICU
- Neonatal Nursery
- Pediatric Emergency
- Other units: Gastro, Nephrology / Neurology, Cardiology / Pulmonology, Isolation,
- Stabilization center for Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM)
- Center for Thalassemia Care (CTC)
- Pediatric & Emergency OPD for general and referred patients.
- Pediatric Pharmacy
b. For Trainees.
- Departmental library: A departmental library with adequate number of essential books and periodicals/journals are kept in it for the help and benefit of teaching staff.
- Computer Lab with Internet & Wi-Fi facilities.
- Seminar Room: A capacious seminar room with Multimedia and all other modern facilities.
- Eight Neonatal Manikins for training of Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Material & facilities for workshops on Thalassemia, SAM (Severe Acute Malnutrition) Management, Bronchial Asthma etc.
- Structured teaching & training of PGs strictly in accordance with the CPSP guidelines.
Teaching: Pediatric Department was declared as the “The Best Clinical Teaching Department” and Prof. Dr. Mubarak Ali as “The Best Clinical Teacher” by the passed out final year MBBS session 2008-09 (1st session)..
The following trainees acquired their post-graduation while being in the department.
|1||Dr. M. Tahir Javed Akhtar (MCPS)||2004|
|2||Dr. Ashiq Hussain (MCPS)||2008|
|3||Dr. Muhammad Sajid (DCH)||2010|
|4||Dr. Javeria Younis (FCPS)||2014|
|5||Dr. Zahid Mehmood(FCPS)||2016|
|6||Dr. Qasim Mehmood (MCPS)||2018|
|7||Dr. Zahid Mehmood Baloch (FCPS)||2018|
|8||Dr. Adnan Zafar (FCPS)||2018|
|9||Dr. Sajida Khalid (FCPS)||2018|
|10||Dr. Riaz-ul-Haq (FCPS)||2019|
These are the achievements of single Pediatric Department before the two units.
Dr. Tayyab ((FCPS) Dr. Zunaira (IMM)
FINAL YEAR MBBS RESULTS
|Sr. No.||Year||Distinctions||Pediatric Result %age|
|3||Patients Turn Out / Day||40-50 pt||50-60 pt||50-60 pt||70-80 pt||80-85 pt||90-110|
|4||Hospital Stay in Days||3-10 days||3-10 days||3-10 days||3-8 days||3-8 days||3-7 days|
- To establish a state of art Children complex and institute of child health.
- To establish Pediatric Emergency adjacent to the Pediatric Indoor.
- To enhance the teaching of undergraduates & postgraduates.