DR. MUBARAK ALI
PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS:
Department of Pediatrics was established in 1984 as one of the sub-specialty of General Medicine. Sheikh Zayed Hospital was declared as baby friendly hospital in 2003 by Government of Pakistan & UNICEF. The Pediatric department is accredited for MCPS & FCPS training by the College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan. The department provides emergency cover 24 hours a day, to pediatric patients from ten million population of southern Punjab as well as adjoining areas of the province of the Sindh and Balochistan.
Head Of The Department :
Dr. Mubarak Ali Ch. MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, Associate Professor from 1st June, 2006 to 31-01-2009.
Prof. Dr. Mubarak Ali Ch. MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, from 01-02-2009 to 25-11-2009)
Prof. Dr. Rashid Mahmood, MBBS, MCPS, FCPS from 26-11-2009 to 09-12-2012.
Prof. Dr. Humayun Iqbal Khan, MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, from 10-12-2012 to 13-06-2014.
Prof. Dr. Mubarak Ali Ch. MBBS, MCPS, FCPS from 14-06-2014 to date.
|PROF. DR. MUBARAK ALI
|DR. MUHAMMAD SALEEM
|DR. MASUD IQBAL BABAR
|DR. JAMAL ANWER
|DR. RAGHIB IQBAL
|DR. JAVARIA YOUNUS
| DR. SYED SHAHZAD ALI BUKHARI
| DR. M. TAHIR JAVED AKHTAR
|DR. ASHIQ HUSSAIN
a. For patients:
Pediatric department has 90 sanctioned beds, however, to accommodate heavy load of patients, there are operating 120 beds. Approximately 130-160 patients remain admitted in the ward with daily turnover of 40-50 patients. It is providing neonatal intensive care and Pediatric ICU facilities with following additional sections.
- Neonatal Nursery
- Pediatric Emergency & ICU
- Gen. Pediatric : Gastro, Nephrology / Neurology, Cardiology / Pulmonology, Isolation,
- Stabilization center for Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM)
- Center for Thalassemia Care (CTC)
- Pediatric OPD for general and referred patients.
- Pediatric Pharmacy
- TB Dot Center for Children
b. For Trainees:
- Departmental library: A departmental library with adequate number of essential books and periodicals/journals are kept in it for the help and benefit of teaching staff.
- Computer Lab with Internet & WiFi facilities.
- Seminar Room: A capacious seminar room with Multimedia and all other modern facilities.
- Eight Neonatal Manikins for training of Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Material & facilities for workshops on Thalassemia, SAM (Severe Acute Malnutrition) Management, Bronchial Asthma etc.
- Structured teaching & training of PGs strictly in accordance with the CPSP guidelines.
Teaching: Pediatric Department was declared as the “The Best Clinical Teaching Department” and Prof. Dr. Mubarak Ali as “The Best Clinical Teacher” by the passed out final year MBBS session 2008-09 (1st session)..
The following trainees acquired their post-graduation while being in the department.
- Dr. Raghib Iqbal (FCPS) – 2011
- Dr. Javaria Younus(FCPS) – 2014
- Dr. M. Tahir Javed Akhtar(MCPS) – 2004
- Dr. Ashiq Hussain (MCPS) – 2008
- Dr. Naila Khaliq(MCPS) – 2009
- Dr. Sajid Iqbal (DCH) – 2009
- Dr. Ghulam Qasim Sabir(MCPS) – 2014
FINAL YEAR MBBS RESULTS :
|Sr. No.||Year||Distinctions||Pediatric Result %age|
|3||Patients Turn Out / Day||40-50 pt||40-50 pt||40-50 pt||40-50 pt|
|4||Hospital Stay in Days||3-10 days||3-10 days||3-10 days||3-10 days|
Is to establish a state of art Children complex and institute of child health