Dr. Naseer Ahmad Ch
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Department of Orthopedic Surgery was established in 1987 in DHQ Hospital Rahim Yar Khan.
Heads Of The Department (DHQ Hospital)
1. Dr. Mahmood Ahmed Ch.
(August 1987 to 2004)
2. Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal
(2005 to 2006)
Heads Of The Department (Teaching Hospital)
1. Dr. Muhammad Azeem
(05-07-2006 to 20-01-2010)
2. Prof. Dr. Irfan Mehboob
(21-01-2010 to 05-10-2012)
3. Dr. Muhammad Azeem
(06-10-2012 to 31-12-2019)
4. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal
(06-10-2020 to 20-08-2021)
5. Associate Prof. Dr. Naseer Ahmad Ch.
(21-08-2021 to date)
Recognition with CPSP:
Recognized for F.C.P.S Training in Orthopedic Surgery September 2010
Faculty of the Department :
|1||Dr. Naseer Ahmed Ch.||Associate Professor|
|2||Dr. Asghar Ali ch||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Mohsin Bilal||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Jahanzeb Mazari||Senior Registrar|
|5||Dr. Irfan Yasin||Senior Registrar|
|6||Dr. Muhammad Shahnawaz Ahmad||Senior Registrar|
- Iqbal MZ, Azeem M, Ahmed N. Evaluation of External Fixator for the management of femur fractures in children. Jour of Sh. Zayed Medical College; 2012:Vol.3; No.1: 259-263.
- M Arif, M Azeem, M Zafar Iqbal, Naseer Ahmed Ch. Comparison of outcome of sural flap and lateral supramalleolar flap for soft tissue coverage in patients with exposed distal tibia and heel Jour of Sh. Zayed Med College Vol. 04 No. 02, April –June 2013.
- Chaudhary NA, Azeem M, Iqbal MZ. Ipsilateral Femoral Neck and shaft fracture. J Pak Ortho Asso July, 2013; Vol.25 (2):9-13.
- Azeem M, Iqbal MZ, Ch NA, Ch AA, Mahmood S. Outcome of Surgical Treatment of De-Quervains Disease Jour of Sh. Zayed Med. Coll: 2014;5(3): 655-657.
- Iqbal MZ, Azeem M, Malik MR, Ch NA. Evaluation of Risk Factor of Hip Fractures; A Retrospective Study. J Pak Ortho Asso Vol.26 No.2; July:2014;15-19
- Azeem M, Iqbal MZ, Ch NA. Blast injuries; role of tissue sparing surgery in orthopedic patients. Jour of Sh. Zayed Med. Coll: 2015;6(4): 935-938.
- Naseer A, Khan MJ, Asghar A, Iqbal MZ, Riaz MS. Outcome of wound coverage around ankle joint with Sural artery flap. Jour of Sh. Zayed Med. Coll ; 2016;7(2): 938-941.
- Iqbal MZ, Malik MR, Khan MJ, Azeem M, et al. level of vitamin D in adult Orthopaedic trauma patients. Jour of Sh. Zayed Med. Coll ; 2016;7(2): 942-945.
- Chaudhary NA, Azeem M, Iqbal MZ, Chaudhary AA. Fodder Cutter Amputations-Evaluation of Risk Factors. J Pak Ortho asso: 2016:Vol.28 (2); 37-66.
- Chaudhary NA, Bilal M, Azeem M, Akther MS, Riaz MS. Wound infection after type II open tibial fracture managed by undreamed nail. Jour of Sh. Zayed Med coll;2019: Vol.10 (03):1727-1731.
- Chaudhary NA, Bilal M, Ali A, Azeem M, Rana SA, Ahmed MS. Role of elastic interamedullary nail for the treatment of femur shaft fracture in children. Jour of Sh. Zayed Med coll;2019: vol. 10 (03):1706-1710.
- Ali A, Choudhary NA, Zulfiqar S, Azeem & Omer S. Risk factors associated with osteoporosis – Apopulation based study done in Rahim Yar Khan. Inter Jour of Adva Biotech & research, Vol-10, (3); 2019; 77-81.
- Chaudhry NA, Azeem M, Ahmad AA, Waheed F. Our Experience of Proximally Based Sural Artery Flap with Ilizarov Fixator Around The Knee. J Pak Orthop Assoc 2019;31(2).
- International Certificate in Medical Teaching international center for innovation in learning & teaching Global institute of human development Islamabad.
- Ahmed W, Yaseen HMI, Ahmed MS. Functional outcome of distal femoral shaft fractures managed with retrograde intramedullary nail in term of knee range of motion and knee pain. IAJPS 2020, 07 (06), 1035-1040.
- Yaseen HMI,Ahmed MS .khan GQ. Functional outcome of closed reduction and percutaneous screw fixation of schatzker type i fracture of tibia. Iajps 2020, 07 (06), 1041-1046.
Orthopedic unit-I ward consists of 30 beds, including both male and female almost fully occupied. Orthopedic department is well equipped with almost all latest facilities; like image intensifier, arthroscope, close intramedullary nailing system, facilities of microsurgery total hip and total knee replacement, ACL Reconstruction, different rotational flaps and ring fixators are also available. We have class room and conference room attached to orthopedic ward. Facilities for arthoplasty are also available. Internet facility is available in ward for utilization by trainees.
- Daily Trauma morning meeting
- Journal club once weekly
- Conducted primary trauma care course workshop in April, 2010.
- Conducted Paediatric Orthopaedic symposium & Workshop on Ponseti Technique to manage CTEV on 24-25 October 2014.
- Conducted Total Hip Replacement Workshop on 17 April 2015.
- Live surgery workshop total knee replacement on 20 to 21 May 2017.
- Live Surgery and Cadaveric Workshop on Management of Thoracolumbar Fractures On 07th October 2017.
- Pre Orthocon Basic Ilizarov Workshop on 28-02-2020.
- 19th Cadaveric Course Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures 19TH & 20TH MARCH 2022.
- Trauma course to be conducted monthly
- Activity on world osteoporotic day
- Workshops on medical writing and synopsis writing.
MEMBERS OF ORTHOPEDIC DEPARTMENT
|1||Dr. Naseer Ahmad Ch.||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Asghar Ali Ch.||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Mohsin Bilal||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Irfan Yaseen||Senior Registrar|
|5||Dr. Jahanzeb Mazari||Senior Registrar|
|6||Dr. M. Shahnawaz Ahmad||Senior Registrar|
1. Dr. Asad Munir
Medical Officers /PGR’s
|1||Dr. Shahzad Munir||Medical officer|
|2||Dr. Abu Bakar||Medical officer|
|3||Dr. Waleed Khalid||Medical officer|
|4||Dr. H. Usman Jameel||PGR|
|5||Dr. Aqib Ikram||PGR|
|6||Dr. Hassan Khalid||PGR|
|7||Dr. Asim Shahzad||PGR|
|8||Dr. Muhammad Ilyas||PGR|